Position Title: Manager, Commercial Strategy
Location: 788 Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2M1
Terms: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of Manager, Commercial Strategy.
The Manager, Commercial Strategy is responsible for conducting rigorous, fact-based analysis that results in actionable recommendations and impactful results areas including sales, partnerships, products, marketing, events, business intelligence.
- Works directly with the Chief Commercial Officer and leaders across the company to set, align, and track company goals
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
- Draw on relationships with department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Cross-departmental projects including emerging opportunities, new initiatives, and continuous improvement
- Scope, own and manage programs for key initiatives, ensuring follow-up, ownership, and clarity to completion
- Become highly knowledgeable about the business’s priorities, strategy, and operations of the Club
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- 4+ years of experience, ideally with experience in a chief of staff position, management consulting, investment banking, and/or fast-growing tech
- High level critical thinking and analytical skills; can break down complex problems into digestible pieces and drive effective solutions
- Learns extremely quickly; can understand any challenge and quickly hone in on what matters most
- Very high EQ and highly adaptable; able to evaluate situations and adjust the approach to be most effective
- Experience working with large data sets and performance metrics, using business management software (ex: Tableau, SAP, ERP, CRM)
- Able to build deep levels of trust with senior leaders, external partners, and staff at all levels; comfortable with respectfully challenging on important issues; exceptional listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a concise, and effective style
- Down to earth leadership style with a high degree of ownership; willingness to do whatever is needed in the interests of the Club; resourceful and highly self-motivated
- Persistent in getting projects across the line with strong collaboration skills and an ability to break down barriers
- Owns their own professional development; highly receptive to feedback and eager to get better every day
- Exemplifies best practices in creating an equitable and inclusive work environment
- Operates with the highest levels of integrity
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% employer paid premiums for the group extended health and dental plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Manager, Commercial Strategy
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No recruiters or agencies, please.