The Vancouver Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to contribute to the Vancouver Whitecaps culture by understanding and supporting our four cornerstones: team spirit, discipline, work ethic and mentality.
The Coordinator, Accounting is responsible for handling general full-cycle accounting including payables and receivables.
- Manage the full cycle accounts payable process in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Receive and distribute invoices and follow up with appropriate department approvals
- Drive the receivables process for all revenue streams, including generation of invoices and management of collections
- Daily cash reconciliations from all revenue streams including ticketing, soccer development and sponsorship
- Track and execute non-monetary requirements in a timely manner
- Day to day relationship with our banking institution, including cash deposits
- Assist with monthly bank reconciliations where required
- Co-ordinate and prepare submissions for the Club’s regulatory compliance requirements
- Design and produce periodic reports to help manage payments and other requested financial analysis
- Together with the Head of Accounting, maintain vendor relations to ensure accounts are up to date, including co-ordination and handling the resolution of any disputes
- Provide clear communications for AP and AR related support to internal users and external contacts
- Reconciliation of related general ledger accounts and preparing necessary documentation for external audits, reviews or league reports
- Consistently evaluate company processes and pro-actively encourage adoption of best practices
- Where relevant, train new employees on the payables and receivables process and be the first point of contact for all related inquires
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require a broad base of account management with degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- 3-5 Years of payables and/or receivables experience in a corporate setting is preferred
- A combination of experience and education will be considered
- Enrolled or studying towards a recognized accounting certificate or designation also an asset
- Experience with Sage 50 accounting software, Beanworks, or Vena Solutions financial reporting software is an asset
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, analytical and planning skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Centrally located office at Terry Fox Plaza, downtown Vancouver
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
- Business casual dress code
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Coordinator, Accounting
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.