Coordinator, Social Media
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of Coordinator, Social Media.
The Coordinator, Social Media is responsible for the execution of the overall presence of Vancouver Whitecaps FC on social media and digital platforms. This role will be an active member of the Whitecaps FC’s Content team and will maximize fan engagement by helping to create new programs that drive partnership revenues, elevate our social media profiles while telling an engaging story.
- Execute day-to-day social media initiatives by developing and posting content on the club’s primary social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram additionally with an understanding of emerging platforms such as TikTok/Reels
- Work on Whitecaps FC Matchdays to provide real-time coverage across social media platforms through execution of posts, content creation, picture and video editing, and graphic production as needed
- Monitor and engage communication with fans across all social media platforms in real-time
- Leverage trending topics and conversations in real-time to capitalize on content opportunities to amplify the voice/brand for the Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Support with the filming and editing of short-form videos on emerging platforms such as reels and TikTok
- Assist with website updates, graphic updates and posting of articles on the Club website
- Work with the Senior Manager, Content and the Lead, Social Media Producer to cultivate fan engagement and plan/craft social media posts and campaigns, that optimize social media performance across Vancouver Whitecaps FC channels
- Participate in the editorial and content creation process by identifying interesting storylines and creating engaging content opportunities
- Explore best-in-class ways to bring storytelling opportunities to life on our website and social media platforms through smart and authentic content that will result in league-leading levels of fan engagement
- Collaborate with the Lead, Social Media Producer and Business intelligence team on Social Media KPIs
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- 3+ years’ experience in Digital Media for a fast-paced sports or entertainment organization
- As a member of the content team, you will be a creative, energetic, and motivated social media practitioner with a passion for soccer, sport, and social media with a strong understanding of the North American soccer scene
- Strong familiarity with emerging platforms such as TikTok/Reels and other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more
- Proven track record of leveraging social and digital media to successfully drive engagement and support other organizational objectives
- Proficiency and experience with Adobe Creative Suite to produce graphics, videos, and photos
- Thinks creatively and develops innovative digital strategies to increase page views and engagement
- Self-starter who works well in a team environment, with the ability to craft time-sensitive digital and social content and needed
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Quick learner who can learn and adapt to new organizational processes.
- Outstanding copywriting and editing skills with experience in writing on a deadline
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset
- Experience in Photography is a plus, but not required
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional workplace that truly cares about people and communities
- First-class facilities at the National Soccer Development Centre and downtown Vancouver
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Coordinator, Social Media
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.