Coordinator, Social Media
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to contribute to the Vancouver Whitecaps FC culture by understanding and supporting our four cornerstones: team spirit, discipline, work ethic and mentality.
The Coordinator, Social Media is responsible for the execution of the overall presence of Vancouver Whitecaps FC on social media and digital platforms. As an active member of the Whitecaps FC’s Communications and Content team, this role will maximize fan engagement by helping to create new programs that drive partnership revenue and elevate our social media profiles.
- Work with the Director of Content to develop and execute overall social media strategy
- Create effective features and campaigns that result in league-leading levels of fan engagement with Whitecaps FC fans
- Coordinate planning and posting of content for all club online channels including whitecapsfc.com, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and TikTok
- Monitor, moderate and engage in fan conversations across all social channels
- Manage social media on match days
- Collaborate with other Whitecaps FC departments to strategize best timing/use of social channels to publish content, including but not limited to editorial, partnerships, ticket sales, soccer development and community
- Bring a creative and innovative mindset to keep our content at the forefront of digital trends and emerging platforms
- Work with the club’s Business Intelligence team to use data to measure the impact and progress across all social channels
- Ensure all output adheres to MLS Commercial Guidelines and legal requirements, including copyright law
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require a broad base of information technology knowledge with degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Minimum 3 years of social media experience and an understanding of best practices on all platforms
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a business or media related discipline
- A passion for soccer, sport, social media and engaging with our online community
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks with limited supervision and under tight deadlines
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Premiere
- The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required
- Excellent people and communications skills, with an ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal and external clients at all levels within an organization
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional workplace that truly cares about people and communities
- First class facilities at the National Soccer Development Centre and downtown Vancouver
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
- Business casual dress code
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.