Position Title: Copywriter
Location: 788 Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2M1
Terms: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Director, Marketing / Creative Director
We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC's marketing department in the position of Brand Copywriter.
This role will be responsible for supporting the overall brand voice and translating marketing objectives into engaging and effective copy. You’ll lead the day-to-day writing, develop original concepts and creative marketing solutions, and elevate the brand voice across all our channels.
- Develop creative concepts alongside Director of Marketing, while working on a day-to-day basis with designers, project managers, strategists.
- Supporting creative campaign development and messaging
- Managing brand copy guidelines to ensure copy is on-concept, accurate, and on-brief
- Generate copy designed for a variety of contexts and platforms, including social media, email, digitaladvertising, digital contesting, websites, OOH, radio and in-stadium
- Prepare client and perspective partner presentations
- Collaborate with external and internal production and post-production partners
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to work in a flexible schedule, working weekends and matchdays
- Must be fluent in english
- 2+ years of copywriting experience (agency, in-house or freelance)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work to deadlines in high-pressure situations
- A highly motivated self-starter and collaborator
- Strong time-management, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Sound understanding of the sports industry and the sports landscape is an asset
- Centrally located office at Terry Fox Plaza, downtown Vancouver
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
- Business casual dress code
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply using this link: Brand Copywriter Job Posting
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.