The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of Copywriter.
The Copywriter is responsible for the developing our overall brand voice and translating marketing objectives into engaging and effective copy.
- Develop creative concepts alongside Creative Director and Director of Marketing
- Generate copy designed for a variety of contexts and platforms, including social media, email, digital advertising, digital contesting, websites, OOH, radio and in-stadium
- Work within the established voice of our teams
- Prepare client and perspective partner presentations
- Collaborate with external and internal production and post-production partners
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or related discipline
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work to deadlines in high-pressure situations
- A highly motivated self-starter and collaborator
- Strong time-management, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Sound understanding of the sports industry and the sports landscape is an asset
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
- Centrally located office at Terry Fox Plaza, downtown Vancouver
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
- Business casual dress code
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply using this link: Copywriter Job Posting
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.