Position Title: Director / VP, Ticketing Sales & Service
Location: 788 Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2M1
Terms: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of Director or Vice President, Ticketing Sales & Service.
The Director or VP, Ticketing Sales & Service is responsible for the strategic growth and maximization of ticketing revenue for the Club, in a manner that provides exceptional guest service for all internal and external partners.
How you will contribute:
- Oversight and strategic leadership of several different functional areas within the department: season ticket or multi-game subscription, premium product sales & service, group ticket sales, single match ticket sales, ticketing operations, and fan services
- Deliver a ticketing P&L that meets or exceeds targets
- Coach and develop team to ensure high levels of engagement and performance
- Use data & insights to develop annual business plans and budget for the department and regularly report on performance
- Understand competitor activities, industry trends, leading customer/member trends and market conditions
- Effectively collaborate with other departments (marketing, events, etc.) to ensure delivery of ticketing solutions and broader business goals
- Attend events as a representative of the Club and develop strategic business relationships and networks within the industry and local community
- Consistently demonstrate and support the Club’s core values, mission, vision, and policies and procedures
What we are looking for:
- A dynamic professional who is a motivating, innovative leader with a track record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales and revenue targets
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills, both with external partners and individuals, as well as at all levels of the organization
- An understanding of the highest levels of guest service, ensuring timely and highly satisfactory responses to all inquiries and complaints
- A solid background in sales marketing across various product offerings
- Experience ensuring accurate reporting and projections, analyzing trends, and creating effective plans to develop revenue opportunities
- Exceptional presentation and communication abilities, both verbal and written
- A minimum 8 years experience in Ticketing Sales, Service and Operations
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster’s products and knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- The ability to lead and support the team at home matchdays, including evenings and weekends
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Director / Vice President, Ticketing Sales & Service Job Posting
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No recruiters or agencies, please.