The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of Equipment Coordinator.
The Equipment Coordinator will be responsible for working closely with the Head of Equipment to manage the equipment facilities at the National Soccer Development Centre and the inventory during match day and team travel duties.
Training Day Responsibilities
- Working with other equipment staff to organize and prepare player lockers with the equipment before training.
- Help coaching staff deliver equipment to the field before the start of training.
- Collect and inventory all training equipment daily.
- Provide and maintain freshly laundered apparel for training
- The organization and appearance of the equipment room, locker room, and common area.
Match Day Responsibilities
- Set up the team dressing room before each match.
- Facilitate referee equipment requests.
- Assist with accommodating visiting team equipment requests as the home team.
- Prepare and transport all the field equipment to the field before the warm-up.
- Organize and clean up the team bench and locker room areas, towels, equipment, water and the fourth official’s table.
- Travel may be required with the team for away matches (pre-season, regular season, playoffs, post-season).
- Airport pick up and drop off team bags and equipment.
Apparel & Equipment Management
- Work with other equipment staff to manage, organize and inventory warehouse for multiple teams.
- Organize ordering process for toiletries, laundry, and locker room supplies.
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a High-Performance Sports Environment
- Must have knowledge and passion for soccer
- Additional languages (Spanish, French, etc.) is an asset
- A clean and valid BC driver’s license
- Must complete a Vulnerable Sector Check and additional background screening
- Must successfully complete MLS Safe Sport training
- Must possess a passport and be able to freely travel internationally
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional workplace that truly cares about people and communities
- First class facilities at the National Soccer Development Centre
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of color, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.