Position Title: Experience Team Member
Location: BC Place- 777 Pacific Blvd, Vancouver, BC V6B 4Y8
Terms: Part-time, Casual
Reports to: Manager, Events & Fan Experience
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for new team members to contribute to the Vancouver Whitecaps culture by understanding and supporting our four cornerstones: team spirit, discipline, work ethic and mentality.
The Experience Team Member is responsible for being the first point of contact between fans and the club. The role is focused on engaging and assisting fans on matchday as well as executing various event-specific matchday tasks. This role is customer service oriented with a proactive approach to assisting fans upon entry and inside the stadium. Applicants must be available for a minimum of ten (10) First Team matches over the course of the 2023 season.
- Welcome fans and provide information about all facets of the event including pertinent matchday-specific information
- Consistently engage an audience while promoting key messages
- Execute special events in collaboration with club partners and external stakeholders
- Remain highly educated and up to date on Club information
- Receive fan feedback, compile and communicate to Club supervisor
- Work as part of a team, and independently, with a willingness to coordinate events
- Work evenings, weekends, and day shifts as events required
- Assist with additional game day duties, special events, and promotions as required
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require a broad base of management knowledge with degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Applicants must be of 18 years of age or older
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident, articulate, and enthusiastic
- A focus on service excellence- willingness to go the ‘extra mile’
- An interest in a media or sports management career is an asset
- Must be available for a minimum of ten (10) First Team matches over the course of the 2023 season
- Required to arrive at the stadium hours before kickoff and stay throughout the match (up to an 8-hour shift)
Being part of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC Caps Crew team provides valuable experience and knowledge about the professional sports industry. Opportunities include networking with Club staff, contacts, and partners, and engaging with a community of like-minded peers. In addition, individuals will be able to watch a portion of the match during or after their work is complete.
- Adidas Uniform
- Discounted Whitecaps Tickets
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Experience Team
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.