First Team Equipment Manager
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of First Team Equipment Manager.
The First Team Equipment Manager is responsible for managing all equipment and apparel requirements for the Whitecaps FC First Team at the National Soccer Development Centre and the inventory during match day and team travel duties.
Apparel and Equipment Management
- Manage the ordering, distribution and inventory control of all equipment and apparel for the MLS First Team and staff
- Ensure all training/match/travel kit has appropriate league patches, sponsor patches, lettering, and numbering as per club guidelines and policy
- Coordinate equipment and apparel requests for team events and special projects
- Ensure that all uniforms and related apparel/equipment are maintained in a clean and serviceable condition
- Establish, maintain, and reconcile all team equipment (kit/field) inventories, and assist with the maintenance of all inventory records for the program
- Ensure that all equipment is inspected daily
- Training Day and Game Day Responsibilities
- Ensure that all training kit, towels are laundered and inspected for wear daily.
- Delivery and organization of training equipment
- Transportation of medical staff equipment
- Ensure all equipment meets specific league requirements
- Lead the post-training clean up: team bench area, change rooms, towels, equipment, water, ice, etc.
- Be familiar with all league match day requirements and ensure that all league rules, policies, and standards are strictly adhered to
- Execute the game day setup for all home games
- Travel, as required, for away matches or competitions that may be scheduled
- Complete all training and match day responsibilities
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- Experience in a High-Performance Sports Environment
- Additional languages (Spanish, French, etc.) is an asset
- A clean and valid BC driver’s license
- Must have knowledge and passion for soccer
- Must be able to lift upwards of 50lbs
- Must complete a Vulnerable Sector Check and additional background screening
- Must successfully complete MLS Safe Sport training
- Must possess a passport and be able to freely travel internationally
- Ability to work non-standard work week, including early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional workplace that truly cares about people and communities
- First-class facilities at the National Soccer Development Centre and downtown Vancouver
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: First Team Equipment Manager
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.