Position Title: Graphic Designer
Location: 788 Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2M1
Terms: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Creative Director
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to contribute to the Vancouver Whitecaps culture.
The Graphic Designer, is responsible for working within the club’s internal marketing team and acting as a primary in-house developer for the club’s design needs.
- Design print and digital elements for marketing, sales, sponsorship, event, and soccer operations that will deepen the connection between our club and its fans
- Design updates and other graphic elements for all club websites
- Assist in maintaining consistency and managing adherence to our visual brand standards, across the organization and with all our partners during matchdays and special events
- Collaborate with the marketing team to produce breakthrough and innovative content working closely and collaboratively with a variety of teams
- Explore and develop upon latest trends and techniques specifically trends within the sports and entertainment sector
- Collaborate with printing partners to ensure quality production of printed elements including reproduction quality, colour accuracy, etc.
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require a broad base of digital knowledge with degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to work in a flexible schedule, working weekends and matchdays
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Animation, Art, Film Production, Digital Media, Marketing, or other industry-relevant majors is preferred
- Demonstrated experience (portfolio) ranging from bringing creative concepts to life visually, to producing production-ready files for a variety of materials
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop Creative Suite
- Experienced collaborating in a group setting, at times taking direction and at other times providing solutions/direction
- Ability to identify needs and goals of partners to ensure content is being produced in line with contractual expectations
- Proficiency and experience with Adobe Creative Suite and other related tools
- A passion for soccer, sport, and a strong understanding of the North American soccer scene is an asset
- Self-starter who works well in a team environment
- Flexible schedule and ability to work unconventional hours including weekends and game nights
- Centrally located office at Terry Fox Plaza, downtown Vancouver
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Unlimited personal time off
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
- “Dress for your day” dress code
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Graphic Designer
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.