Head Athletic Trainer
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of Head Athletic Trainer.
The Head Athletic Trainer is responsible for managing the daily medical operations for the Vancouver Whitecaps Club and reports to the Director of Therapy/Head of Player Medical Care for the Vancouver Whitecaps.
This role will be working cohesively and collaboratively with the Director of Therapy/Head of Player Medical Care, VP of Performance, CMO, technical coaching staff, other therapists, physical preparation coaches, and the clubs entire medical/sports science team.
- Act as primary athletic trainer for the Whitecaps FC 1st team
- Deliver a high-level of medical support as a Certified Athletic Trainer managing the healthcare of players including, but not limited to:
- First aid/emergency care and on-site injury evaluation;
- On field coverage, application of appropriate modalities, development of rehabilitation and prevention programs;
- Assessments, medical referrals, treatments, administration, and conducting rehabilitation programs
- Oversee emergency readiness at all sanctioned practices and events and implement athletic training staff emergency care procedures
- Maintain and update all medical records with the league provided electronic recording system
- Maintain athlete compliance with team physician treatment guidelines
- Comply with all MLS medical policies and protocol
- Assure confidentiality of athlete medical records
- Order, maintain, and inventory all medical equipment and supplies
- Provide effective written and verbal communication between athletes, coaches, sports performance staff, administrators, as well as the multi-disciplinary medical team regarding the status and progress of athletes
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- CATA (or NATABOC) Certified Athletic Trainer
- Current professional CPR, first aid for the healthcare provider/AED certification
- Possess personal professional liability insurance
- Prefer certification: CSCS, PES, LMT, and/or NREMT
- Master’s degree in health-related field
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time to athletics events
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adjust to changes in schedules
- Ability to engage in physically demanding manual tasks
- Ability to work non-standard work week, including early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional workplace that truly cares about people and communities
- First-class facilities at the National Soccer Development Centre and downtown Vancouver
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Head Athletic Trainer
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.