Head Athletic Trainer
Vancouver Whitecaps FC are seeking a Head Athletic Trainer who is responsible for managing the daily medical operations for Vancouver Whitecaps FC. This is a full-time role and in this capacity the Head Athletic Trainer will be working cohesively and collaboratively with the Director of Therapy/Head of Player Medical Care, VP of Performance, CMO, technical coaching staff, other therapists, physical preparation coaches, and the clubs entire medical/sports science team. This role reports to the Director of Therapy/Head of Player Medical Care for Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
A year-round employee, the Head Athletic Trainer will attend all training, scrimmages and home games and ensure two Athletic Trainers are present at all away games.
- Be the primary athletic trainer for Whitecaps FC 1st team.
- Deliver a high-level of medical support as a Certified Athletic Trainer managing the healthcare of players including, but not limited to: first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, on field coverage, application of appropriate modalities, development of rehabilitation and prevention programs, assessment, making medical referrals, treatment, administration, and conducting rehabilitation programs.
- Emergency readiness at all sanctioned practices and events and implement athletic training staff emergency care procedures.
- Maintain and update all medical records with the league provided electronic recording system.
- Maintain athlete compliance with team physician treatment guidelines.
- Comply with all MLS medical policies and protocol.
- Assure confidentiality of athlete medical records.
- Order, maintain, and inventory all medical equipment and supplies.
- Provide effective written and oral communication between athletes, coaches, sports performance staff, administrators, as well as, the multi-disciplinary medical team regarding the status and progress of athletes.
- Perform all other duties as needed by coaches, front office, or supervisors.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- CATA (or NATABOC) Certified Athletic Trainer
- Current professional CPR, first aid for the healthcare provider/AED certification
- Possess personal professional liability insurance
- Prefer certification: CSCS, PES, LMT, and/or NREMT
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in health-related field.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time to athletics events.
- Work in a fast pace environment and adjust to changes in schedules.
- Ability to engage in physically demanding manual tasks.
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.