Manager, Corporate Communications
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of Manager, Corporate Communications.
The Manager, Corporate Communications will help drive brand awareness, Club profile, and earned media across all lines of business, notably collaborating with the community and social impact, partnerships, and sales and service departments. This role will be an important part of the Whitecaps FC communications team, supporting both internal and external communications.
- This individual will report to the Vice President, Broadcast & Communications, and work closely with the Director, Communications
- Develop and manage communications plans for major club initiatives and events, including the Club’s community and celebration matches
- Proactive media pitching, media drops, and relationship building
- Strategic planning to build club profile
- Work closely with partnerships, community and social impact, and sales and service departments on key projects and engagement with key stakeholders
- Assist with developing communication briefs for Club spokespeople
- Support the writing and editing of Whitecaps FC materials including media releases, advisories, and website articles
- Collaborate on internal communications including all-staff meetings, briefs, and updates
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Degree, diploma, or certificate in communications, public relations, or related discipline
- Minimum three years of experience in a communications or media relations role
- Good understanding of the sport of soccer
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience executing strategic communications plans and building communication briefs
- Ability to multi-task and manage the demands of multiple departments
- Clear understanding of the needs and requirements of media
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional workplace that truly cares about people and communities
- First-class facilities at the National Soccer Development Centre
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Manager, Corporate Communications
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.