Position: MLS Next Pro & Academy Lead Athletic Trainer
Location: National Soccer Development Centre (UBC), Vancouver, BC
Terms: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Director of Therapy/ Head of Player Medical Care
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of MLS Next Pro & Academy Lead Athletic Trainer.
The MLS Next Pro & Academy Lead Athletic Trainer will responsible for all aspects of day-to-day sports medicine operations with the MLS Next Pro team and in ensuring support for the youth athletic environment.
- Be the Head Athletic Trainer for the Whitecaps MLS Next Pro team
- Deliver a high level of medical service as a Certified Athletic Trainer including, but not limited to first aid/emergency care, field coverage, application of modalities, prevention, assessment, referrals, treatment, administration, and rehabilitation to athletes
- Provide support to other therapists ensuring coverage of other Academy teams
- Responsible for scheduling therapists for game coverage
- Emergency readiness at all sanctioned practices and events and implement athletic training staff emergency care procedures
- Maintain and update all medical records with the league-provided electronic recording system
- Maintain athlete compliance with team physician treatment guidelines.
- Comply with all MLS medical policies and protocol
- Assure confidentiality of athlete medical records
- Maintain all medical equipment and supplies
- Provide effective written and oral communication between athletes, coaches, sports performance staff, administrators, and the multi-disciplinary medical team regarding the status and progress of athletes
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Able to work in an environment with flexible and varying schedules, working weekends and holidays
- Minimum four (4) year Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred Master’s degree in health-related field
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time to athletics events
- Work in a fast pace environment and adjust to changes in schedules
- Ability to engage in physically demanding manual tasks
- CATA (or NATABOC) Certified Athletic Trainer
- Current professional CPR, first aid for the healthcare provider/AED certification
- Possess personal professional liability insurance
- The chance to work in a fun, a non-traditional workplace that truly cares about people and communities
- First-class facilities at the National Soccer Development Centre
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of color, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: MLS Next Pro & Academy Lead Athletic Trainer
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.