Position Title: Operations Crew Member
Location: BC Place- 777 Pacific Blvd, Vancouver, BC V6B 4Y8
Terms: Part-time, Casual
Reports to: Operations Crew Supervisor
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to contribute to the Vancouver Whitecaps culture by understanding and supporting our four cornerstones: team spirit, discipline, work ethic and mentality.
The Event Operations Crew Member is responsible for ensuring that our home stadium is in perfect readiness for our home matches, as well as support set-up and execution of other special community events around the Lower Mainland. Applicants must be available for a minimum of ten (10) matches over the course of the 2023 season which will generally be on weekends and Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evenings.
- Work within a team to convert BC Place stadium to a Whitecaps FC branded stadium
o Installation of field boards, signage and other brand elements
o Working with the Operations Lead to ensure all other match day requirements are delivered
efficiently and on-time, e.g., installation of seat wraps, partnership activations, and field set-up
- Support the movement, set-up and care of the Event Operations inventory
- Deliver, set-up and tear down brand and soccer-related elements (tents, flags, banners) at non-match day
Whitecaps Community Events
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require a broad base of management knowledge with degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- A positive attitude and the ability to work well within a team environment
- Good communication skills, with the ability and willingness to learn new tasks
- Proactive and resourceful problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work at events at BC Place and across Metro Vancouver
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays as needed
- Experience working in a physically demanding role, with the ability to comfortably lift up to 60 lbs.
- Authorized to work in Canada
- Must be available for a minimum of ten (10) matches over the course of the 2023 season
- Adidas Uniform
- Matchday Parking
- Discounted Whitecaps Tickets
- Complimentary food and beverage during shift
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet our qualifications.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Operations Team Member
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.