Operations Crew Member
Our mission is to unite and inspire our communities, both on and off the pitch. Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for energetic and committed individuals to join our Operations Crew! As an Ops Crew Member, you will be key in ensuring that our home stadium is in perfect readiness for our home matches, as well as support set-up and execution of other special community events around the Lower Mainland.
How you will contribute:
This is a part-time/casual role, which will include (but is not limited to) the following duties:
- Work within a team to convert BC Place stadium to a Whitecaps FC branded stadium
- Installation of field boards, signage and other brand elements
- Working with the Operations Lead to ensure all other match day requirements are delivered efficiently and on-time, e.g., installation of seat wraps, partnership activations, and field set-up
- Support the movement, set-up and care of the Event Operations inventory
- Deliver, set-up and tear down brand and soccer-related elements (tents, flags, banners) at non-match day Whitecaps Community Events
What we are looking for:
- A positive attitude and the ability to work well within a team environment
- Good communication skills, with the ability and willingness to learn new tasks
- Proactive and resourceful problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work at events at BC Place and across Metro Vancouver
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays as needed – work days will be scheduled for up to 2 days before each match, all match days and up to 2 days following each match – all successful candidates will be required to be able to work a minimum of 75% of work days
- Experience working in a physically demanding role, with the ability to comfortably lift up to 60 lbs.
- Class 5 Driver’s License (with a clear Driver’s abstract) is an asset
- Legal entitlement to work in Canada
Why work for Whitecaps FC:
- The chance to work in a fun, nontraditional workplace that truly cares about people and our communities
- Centrally located in Terry Fox Plaza, downtown Vancouver
- Excellent training and support
- Become involved with Vancouver’s exciting sporting environment
If you feel you have what it takes to contribute to our team, please email a pdf version of your resume (cover letter optional) indicating how you meet our qualifications, to email@example.com with Whitecaps Operations Crew Member in the Subject Line.
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No recruiters or agencies, please.