Position Title: Performance Coach, Girls Elite
Location: Christine Sinclair Community Centre
Terms: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Head Coach, Girls Elite Academy
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a new team member to join our Girls Elite department in the position of Performance Coach, Girls Elite.
The Performance Coach, Girls Elite will be responsible for ensuring that athletes in the Girls Elite Academy achieve an elite level of fitness and physical performance.
Specific Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Management of physical preparation for the Girls Elite Academy program, working daily with the Head Coach to manage loading, periodization, and training session design to optimize the daily training environment.
- Provide daily on and off-field support for the U18 team, while providing general support, testing, and introductory concepts for the U15 team.
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with the technical staff and club departments to ensure an integrated process of player development, care, and performance.
- Directing and delivering physical preparation, including pitch- and gym-based physical development sessions, load management through planning and review processes, recovery sessions, education, travel, and nutrition.
- Along with the Athletic Therapist and medical staff collaborate on rehabilitation and return to play processes, leading on end-stage and reintegration to team training.
- Champion Safe Sport practices and work closely with club leadership to foster a positive and enriching culture within the Girls Elite Academy program.
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the successful candidate will have degrees of demonstrated skills and experience as follows:
- Minimum of two (2) years of full-time experience at a professional level as a strength and conditioning coach.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Physical Education, or related field. Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S.) certification by the NSCA or Performance Enhancement Specialist (P.E.S.) certification by the NASM
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Complete continuing education as required for recertification.
- Previous work experience should be focused on training athletes and in performance conditioning.
- Proven understanding in several of the following areas: building foundational training aspects, strength training, conditioning, mobility, injury prevention and nutrition.
- Availability to work match days and other special events
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is the longest running professional soccer club in Canada and the United States. Since its inaugural season in 1974, the club has united generations of loyal fans in British Columbia and beyond. With academies in eight out of ten provinces, a network of partner clubs, and hundreds of camps and clinics every year, Whitecaps FC provide a foundation for Canada’s soccer future.
In addition to its two professional men’s teams, the Club is proud to be one of the first two founding teams for a new professional women’s league in Canada, which will be launched in the year 2025. We are also strongly committed to providing opportunities to Canadian athletes, both male and female, with the largest soccer development structure in Canada. This includes academy programs in eight of ten provinces across the country.
In addition to building a winning team on and off the pitch, the Club places great importance in giving back to our community, harnessing the power of sport to create a stronger, more equitable & inclusive society through three key community goals: helping meet critical needs, using soccer to build life skills and creating soccer participation opportunities in Indigenous communities.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Performance Coach, Girls Elite
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No recruiters or agencies, please.