Position Title: Senior Manager, Partnership Marketing (Maternity Leave)
Location: 788 Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2M1
Terms: Full-time, Temporary
Reports to: Director, Partnership Marketing
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is looking for a new team member to join our Partnerships department in the position of Senior Manager, Partnership Marketing.
The Senior Manager, Partnership Marketing is responsible for the planning and execution of all assigned partners’ contractual elements, including traditional media assets, in-market promotions, in-arena activation, hospitality, experiential, and community programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the planning and execution of a small portfolio of high-value partnerships, including traditional media assets, in-market promotions, in-arena activation, hospitality, experiential, and community programs, with minimal supervision
- Maintain superb working relationships with all partnership contacts and ensure a high level of partner satisfaction, continually seeking to better understand and deliver against partner objectives
- Contribute to club revenue goals by assisting in all facets of the renewal process, including but not limited to; developing strategic marketing plans, leading meetings, discussions, & negotiations, creating detailed upsell opportunities
- Track reporting metrics for partner deliverables and activations and prepare year end reports
- Collaborate with internal brand marketing, content, events, and communications teams to ideate, manage, and deliver multi-channel design and content programming
- Provide leadership within Partnership Marketing team to support the development of department colleagues and contribute to overall team success
- Manage partner player appearances as required
- Provide support for all partner events as required
- Assist with on site activation, production and/or hospitality responsibilities for all home events
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the successful candidate will have degrees of demonstrated skills and experience as follows:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships in order to consistently maximize growth, and meet/exceed targets
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including public speaking to small and large groups at all levels of an organization
- Strong understanding of industry trends to enable the effective positioning of partnership opportunities
- Proven ability to engage with a range of internal and external partners to achieve objectives
- Ability to assess opportunities and risks to make sound decisions, even in high-pressure environments while handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Minimum five (5) years of Sales, Marketing, and/or Event Management experience
- Post-secondary experience with Marketing, Business or related disciplines is an asset
- Knowledge of, or prior experience working within sports (pro or amateur) is an asset
- A passion for soccer, sport, and a strong understanding of the North American soccer scene is an asset
- Self-starter who works well in a team environment
- Flexible schedule and ability to work unconventional hours including weekends and game nights
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is the longest-running professional soccer club in Canada and the United States. Since its inaugural season in 1974, the club has united generations of loyal fans in British Columbia and beyond. With academies in eight out of ten provinces, a network of partner clubs, and hundreds of camps and clinics every year, Whitecaps FC provide a foundation for Canada’s soccer future.
In addition to its two professional men’s teams, the Club is proud to be one of the first two founding teams for a new professional women’s league in Canada, which will be launched in the year 2025. We are also strongly committed to providing opportunities to Canadian athletes, both male and female, with the largest soccer development structure in Canada. This includes academy programs in eight of ten provinces across the country.
In addition to building a winning team on and off the pitch, the Club places great importance in giving back to our community, harnessing the power of sport to create a stronger, more equitable & inclusive society through three key community goals: helping meet critical needs, using soccer to build life skills and creating soccer participation opportunities in Indigenous communities.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Senior Manager, Partnership Marketing (Maternity Leave)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No recruiters or agencies, please.