Position: Video Analyst
Location: National Soccer Development Centre (UBC), Vancouver, BC
Terms: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: First Team Assistant Video Analyst
The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of Video Analyst.
The Video Analyst will be responsible for filming, coding, and supporting the first team analysis department & coaching staff with daily workflow.
- Support First Team Analysis department & coaching staff with daily workflow
- Ensure all Club staff manage the video library in a uniform manner, maintaining search integrity and organization
- Work with the Analysis staff to distribute videos to coaching staff and players
- Film and code player training and games using a drone, video recording equipment, and relevant software systems
- Ensure every First Team training session and match is filmed and recorded, as directed by the First Team coaching staff
- Travel with the First Team to record away matches and provide match analysis as required
- Live in-game analysis, coding pertinent information against our tactical game model/plan
- Work with First Team Analysis staff on projects related to club-wide philosophies as needed
- Manage the Club’s video equipment to ensure all inventory is accounted for and functioning properly
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Demonstrated experience in a sporting environment, such as coach, player and/or analyst
- Ability to self-motivate and prioritise workloads
- Able to work in an environment with flexible and varying schedules, working weekends and holidays
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to problem solve under pressure.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with other staff members
- Proficient computer skills (Mac experience is beneficial)
- Proficiency in presentation software such as PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Some experience using filming equipment
- Previous use of a drone is beneficial
- Experience in using video analysis software is beneficial (Hudl SportsCode, Coach Paint, etc.)
- The chance to work in a fun, a non-traditional workplace that truly cares about people and communities
- First-class facilities at the National Soccer Development Centre
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of color, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Video Analyst
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.