The Whitecaps FC mission is To Unite and Inspire Our Communities. We are looking for a new team member to join Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the position of Video Producer.
The Video Producer is responsible for creating and executing video content for the team’s broadcast, digital and social platforms. This role will be an active member of the Whitecaps FC’s Content team and will maximize fan engagement by helping to create new programs that drive partnership revenues, elevate our social media profiles while telling an engaging story.
- Script, produce, capture, and edit creative video highlights, features, and programs to be published on the club website, social platforms, and television programs
- Cover day-to-day team activities including, press conferences, interviews, practices, and games
- Collaborate with the club’s content and communications teams to identify stories that will support the club's marketing strategy and help drive the narrative of the organization
- Act as a producer for the teams’ docuseries “Extra time” while helping to take the series to new heights
- Create topical videos that help showcase athletes’ lives beyond football to include lifestyle, entertainment, humour, and community-focused initiatives – designing content specifically for platforms such as TikTok, YouTube and Instagram Reels
- Collaborate with the entire content and marketing team on large-scale tentpole events and projects such as MLS Draft, schedule release, theme nights and training camps
- Create unique ways to drive traffic to all platforms through the production of engaging assets, staying aware of the latest digital trends and production techniques
- Participate in the production of live-streaming content including the likes of shooting, directing, switching, and set-up/planning of such events
In addition to bringing a commitment to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vision and values, the ideal candidate will require degrees of demonstrated experience as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film Production, Broadcasting or other industry-relevant majors is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in Video Production for a fast-paced sports or entertainment organization
- A passion for soccer, sport, and video production with a strong understanding of the North American soccer scene, MLS, and the respective digital landscape
- Project management from conceptualization to completion – ideation, storyboarding, scriptwriting, shooting, lighting, editing, graphics, colour correction, audio mastering and delivery
- Experience in producing content for emerging platforms such as TikTok/Reels and other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Proficiency and experience with Adobe Creative Suite to produce videos and animation
- Expert ability with multiple cameras and production formats, including Canon C300’s, Blackmagic’s, DSLR
- The ability to collaborate with other producers, graphic designers, and game presentation staff
- Flexible schedule and ability to work unconventional hours including weekends and game nights
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset
- Experience in Photography, Graphic Design and Animation is an asset
- This position may include some travel to some away games as scheduled by the Senior Manager, Content
- The chance to work in a fun, non-traditional workplace that truly cares about people and communities
- First-class facilities at the National Soccer Development Centre and downtown Vancouver
- Training and support available to help develop your career
- A generous extended health and dental plan
- Heavily discounted game day tickets
- Become involved with Vancouver’s most exciting sporting environment
Whitecaps FC believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. This includes but is not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our People & Culture department.
If you are interested in applying, please apply for the role using the link: Video Producer
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.