Programs Administrator, Soccer Development
The Programs Administrator, Soccer Development will supply administrative support to the programs side of the Soccer Development Department -- specifically the Club’s youth programs. This position will report to the Programs Specialist, Soccer Development.
Key areas of focus and assets include:
- Strong organizational background
- Ability to multi-task an asset
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office, web based registration systems and reporting an asset.
- Self-starter, motivated and creative in problem solving.
- Positive, team focussed attitude
- Professional communications skills, with excellent command of English both written and verbal.
This is a full-time position with regular office hours, along with the requirement to support special events in the evenings and weekends throughout the year. There will be a focus on customer service, both internally and externally, providing top level communication throughout the team. The successful applicants must:
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Have a valid BC Driver’s licence (BC) with clear abstract.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly.
- Have a high work ethic; the ability to prioritize; and a “can do” attitude.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Will be the lead for all in-bound email and phone call inquiries regarding any youth programming within the user-pay network.
- Responsible for any outbound initiatives to connect with families who are actively engaged in our academy network.
- Generate receipts for any academy or camp registrations from manual payments.
- Will be lead for any refund processing that may be necessary throughout the year with regards to programs.
- Will work with the Programs Specialist in managing any payment plan agreements with families in our academy centre network.
- Will facilitate all credit card payments over the phone as well as any cheque payment coordination.
- Assisting families in their application process for funding to participate in our user-pay programming.
- Will process any additional payments through our web credit card processor, as needed.
- Lead on managing all inbound camp scholarships that get sent in during Spring and Summer for all of our youth programs.
- Administrative lead in managing all digital content on any websites within the Soccer Development portfolio (with support provided by the digital media team):
- Academy web pages
- Camp Micro-site
- Department Operations website
- College Identification website
- Initial webpage design for academy and camp pages; taking initiative to find creative solutions on keeping all webpages clean and efficient.
- With guidance from Programs Specialist, will be in charge of updating all user-pay reports for camps, academy, and Tournaments.
- With guidance from the Projects Specialist, will be assisting with the updating of all projects based registration and revenue reports.
- Will be the communication lead in regard to report distribution to academy centre coaches, department leads, and all necessary recipients.
- Provide reports and necessary information pulled from online registration system.
- Lead on creating all online registration forms, with guidance from Programs Specialist for program related registration links and Project Specialist for project related registrations.
- Trouble-shooter for all online registration form issues to ensure accuracy in reporting to other business partners within the club.
- Lead on managing all active links and expiring/archiving any registration forms that are no longer active.
- Will assist with the management of all complementary ticket requests that are submitted.
- Follow up with ticket sales department to ensure proper delivery for all tickets as needed throughout the year.
- User-Pay Administration
- Complimentary Ticket Request Administration
Other Related Duties
- Assist with and complete other duties as assigned by supervisor, which may include duties outside of the Department during peak times.
- Entry level position; Commensurate with experience.
Please forward your resume & cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Applications will be reviewed as received. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Internship, Practicum or Co-Op Placement Opportunity, Soccer Operations
Under the supervision of the Specialist, First Team Operations the Soccer Operations Assistant will receive first-hand experience into the back-office operations of a professional football club. The overall aim of the position is to supply the highest standards of administrative support to the soccer operations department at Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
- General administrative support for the Soccer Operations department (i.e. letter writing, report filing, couriering, ordering office supplies, IT requests, update contact lists etc.)
- Upkeep the club’s central player database as it relates to biographical and contact information
- Ensure inter-office (Front Office and Training Centre) mail and communications are delivered in an efficient and timely manner
- Submit medical insurance claims on behalf of players and seek reimbursements from insurance providers when appropriate
- Assist the Specialist, First Team Operations with per diem requests and tracking
- Develop team travel itineraries and travel diaries
- In consultation with the Specialist, First Team Operations, ensure welcome packages are prepared and delivered to all incoming players and trialists
- Manage hotel and flight bookings for individual players coming into and out of Vancouver
- Help coordinate new player orientation trips to familiarize incoming players and their families with the city and the club
- Assist all player relocation services including housing, banking, vehicle, education and phone needs
- Provide player transportation when appropriate
- Prepare visiting team packages and drop off to visiting team hotel
- Manage game day accreditation requests and family suite passes
- Edit match day timelines for posting in the team locker room
- Act as visiting team and referee liaison as needed (coverage)
Requirements, qualifications and attributes:
- Registered in an internship or co-op program at an accredited post-secondary institution in an applicable field (Sports Management, Commerce, Human Kinetics, etc)
- Demonstrated and validated moral character; superior instincts and discretion
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and clerical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, energetic and committed to excellence
- Must be legally able to drive in British Columbia
Qualified students are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Internship, Practicum or Co-Op Placement Opportunity, Business Intelligence & CRM
Vancouver Whitecaps FC is more than just a professional soccer club. We’re a community of like-minded individuals with a passion for excellence both on and off the pitch.
We believe that data is transforming the way sports organizations operate both from a business and a player performance perspective. That’s where you come in: the junior or entry level BI & CRM Intern looking to gain experience.
In this full-time internship running from January through April 2018, you’ll be supporting our Business Intelligence & CRM department. There you will gain exposure to everything from generating KPI data visualizations for our Executive team to player performance dashboards to support our Sports Science team. We’re a small crew so you’ll need to be an ambitious individual who’s not afraid of a challenge. If this sounds like you, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Note that this is an unpaid placement with a small honorarium granted upon completion.
The Intern, BI & CRM position reports directly to the Manager, Business Intelligence at Whitecaps FC’s head office in Vancouver’s historic Gastown.
- Analytical support for the Business Intelligence department and research strategy, which encompasses all club departments and teams
- Extract valuable information, including relationships, patterns, trends and projections from complex datasets
- Identify actionable insights within datasets and provide business recommendations of observations
- Assist with the design and development of customer segments and customer journeys
- Generate reports which clearly visualize and summarize research findings
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources
- Create dashboards using BI/Visualization tools
- Design, programming and execution of surveys and data collection
- Completing other related duties as may be assigned
- Enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary education program related to data analysis and visualization
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, SAS VA or MS Power BI an asset
- Savvy problem solving skills
- Works well with appropriate direction
- Exceedingly detail oriented
- Enthusiastic, proactive and highly professional
This job posting will remain active until the position is filled. Please submit your CV and cover letter via email to:
Ellie Wright, Admin & HR Assistant
Sales and Service
Our Sales and Service Department is always interested in hearing from the next great sales person! Please click here for further information.