VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Whitecaps FC wrap up their two-match homestand at BC Place as they face fellow Western Conference adversaries Minnesota United FC this Saturday, May 6. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. PT.
- SPECTATOR INFORMATION: Author Farhan Devji to sign copies of "Alphonso Davies: A New Hope"
- Catch all the action live on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV starting with the prematch show at 7:10 p.m. PT. The game will also be available on AM730 (radio), with the pre-game show starting at 6:30 p.m. PT
Saturday's match will be the 13th MLS meeting between the two sides and second of two meetings this season.
How to sign up for MLS Season Pass
- COLIN'S KEYS: Clean sheet, clinical in final third, & Minnesota's attacking threats
- TEAM OF THE MATCHDAY: Yohei Takaoka named to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 10
- FROM MLS TO THE WORLD CUP: Yohei Takaoka seeks World Cup path through MLS success
- LEAGUES CUP: 'Caps to host LIGA MX side and CCL finalists Club Léon on July 21 at BC Place, kickoff times confirmed
- PROJECT 8: New Toronto franchise announced
- CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIP: 'Caps visit York United FC in CanChamp quarterfinals on May 10
- 'CAPS AT FIFA U-20 WORLD CUP: Linder and Herdman named to New Zealand's FIFA U-20 World Cup roster
- BLOODLINES JERSEY: Get swagged up in the newest 'Caps kit
- NEXT WFC2 HOME MATCH: Catch the young 'Caps face Houston Dynamo 2 on May 7 at Swangard Stadium
- 2023 CELEBRATION MATCHES: Secure your spot to one of our eight Celebration Matches this season
Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. Minnesota United FC
Saturday, May 6, 2023 – 7:30 p.m. PT
BC Place – Vancouver, BC
BROADCAST: MLS Season Pass - RADIO: AM730
Pre-match show: 7:10 p.m. PT (MLS Season Pass), 6:30 p.m. PT (AM730)
WE MEET AGAIN: Vancouver Whitecaps FC are set to face a familiar foe as they wrap up their two-match homestand at BC Place against Western Conference adversaries Minnesota United FC this Saturday, May 6. The match will mark the second and final meeting of the MLS regular season between the two sides, as the 'Caps claimed a point in Saint Paul back on March 25 thanks to Simon Becher's last gasp equalizer. The 'Caps enter the match unbeaten in seven games, while the Loons are on a four-game winless run in MLS play.
CLEAN STREAK: The 'Caps have kept four consecutive clean sheets and have not allowed a goal in the last 410 minutes of MLS play, making it the longest shutout streak in the league so far this season. In fact, the streak started against Minnesota at Allianz Field on March 25. Additionally, Yohei Takaoka has been named to the MLS Team of the Matchday in back-to- back starts. The overall club record shutout streak in MLS is 433 minutes set across the 2011 and 2012 seasons, while the club record single-season shutout streak is 427 minutes set at the beginning of the 2012 season.
BUSY MAY: The month of May is set to be a busy one for the Blue and White. With MLS and Canadian Championship fixtures on deck, head coach Vanni Sartini will look to rely on his entire team as the 'Caps have at least seven matches to play in a span of 26 days. Next up after Saturday's match, the 'Caps head to Ontario to face York United FC in the quarterfinals of the Canadian Championship on May 10, followed by a trip down to Oregon for our second meeting of the season against Cascadia rivals Portland Timbers on May 13.
MLS Season Pass
The 2023 season sees the debut of MLS Season Pass, the unprecedented subscription service from Apple and MLS that will have every match of the regular season, Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs, and Leagues Cup – all in one place and with no blackouts. As an exclusive benefit, Whitecaps FC 2023 Season Members will receive a subscription to MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, as well as significant savings over single match tickets.