VANCOUVER, BC – After starting their seven-game road swing with back-to-back wins, Vancouver Whitecaps FC will look to make it three in a row this Saturday, September 2 as they face New York City FC at Yankee Stadium in New York City, New York. Kickoff is set for 12:30 p.m. PT.
Secure the best seats for 2024!
All the action, all season long. Get exclusive benefits when you become a full season member.
Wednesday's match will mark the 13th all-time regular season meeting between the 'Caps and the Fire.
- COLIN'S KEYS: Staying compact, Gauld's magic, and being road warriors
- TEAM OF THE MATCHDAY: Ryan Gauld named to MLS Team of the Matchday for eighth time this season
- CÓRDOVA CALLED UP: Sergio Córdova called up to Venezuela's men's national team
- CUBAS CALLED UP: Andrés Cubas called up to Paraguay's men's national team
- TLA'AMIN MINI-PITCH: 'Caps celebrate Tla'amin strong mini-pitch opening on Sunshine Coast
- CANADIAN RED CROSS: Support impacted communities from BC forest fires by making a donation
- INTER-PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONS: Girls Elite follow up League1 BC victory with national championship win!
- CANWNT U-17 CALL-UPS: Three 'Caps called up to Canada's U-17 women's national team roster
- QUALITY TIME: Alessandro Schöpf shares his favourite spots in Vancouver, his experience playing in Europe, and more
- BLOODLINES JERSEY: Get swagged up in the newest 'Caps kit
- 2023 CELEBRATION MATCHES: Secure your spot to one of our Celebration Matches this season
New York City FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
Saturday, September 2, 2023 – 12:30 p.m. PT
Yankee Stadium – New York City, New York
BROADCAST: MLS Season Pass, TSN - RADIO: AM730
Pre-match show: 12:10 p.m. PT (MLS Season Pass), 11:30 p.m. PT (AM730)
PLAY BALL: Vancouver Whitecaps FC continue their seven-game road swing with a clash against Eastern Conference side New York City FC on Saturday, September 2 at Yankee Stadium. Saturday's clash will mark the 'Caps third trip to Yankee Stadium, having previously visited in 2016 and 2018. Heading into Matchday 30 action, New York City find themselves sitting in 13th place in the East and have dropped five of their last seven fixtures across all competitions.
LOOKING UP: After back-to-back wins on the road, the 'Caps sit in fifth in the Western Conference and tied for fourth in points-per-game heading into the weekend. The Blue and White, who have a game in hand on most teams sitting in a playoff spot, have posted the second-most goals and the third-best goal differential in the West. With a win on Saturday in New York, the 'Caps could jump to as high as third in the West depending on other results.
GAULDEN RUN: Ryan Gauld has been one of the most in form players in MLS recently. On Wednesday, the Scotsman became the 'Caps all-time leader in MLS assists with 23 and extended his recent run to 10 goals as well as nine assists in his past 14 appearances across all competitions with his assist on Brian White's goal. He also continues to lead MLS in goal contributions since May 31 with 16 (nine goals, seven assists).
MLS Season Pass
The 2023 season sees the debut of MLS Season Pass, the unprecedented subscription service from Apple and MLS that will have every match of the regular season, Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs, and Leagues Cup – all in one place and with no blackouts. As an exclusive benefit, Whitecaps FC 2023 Season Members will receive a subscription to MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, as well as significant savings over single match tickets.