VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Whitecaps FC are back at BC Place this Saturday, May 20 as they host Cascadia rivals Seattle Sounders FC in the first of three meetings between the two sides this season. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. PT.
- SPECTATOR INFORMATION: Next Gen Night presented by BMO
- Catch all the action live on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV starting with the prematch show at 7:10 p.m. PT. The game will also be available on AM730 (radio), with the pre-game show starting at 6:30 p.m. PT
Saturday's match will mark the 149th meeting between the two sides in official competition.
- COLIN'S KEYS: Squad rotation, defensively sound, and capitalizing on crosses
- BEST GOALS VS. SEATTLE: Look back at the top 10 'Caps goals against the Sounders
- CASCADIA CUP STANDINGS: Check out the current Cascadia Cup standings, schedule, and results
- BLUE STARS CHAMPIONS: Whitecaps FC Girls Elite win prestigious Blue Stars/FIFA Youth Cup in Switzerland
- CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIP: 'Caps visit Pacific FC in CanChamp semifinals on May 24
- LEAGUES CUP: 'Caps to host LIGA MX side and CCL finalists Club Léon on July 21 at BC Place, kickoff times confirmed
- PROJECT 8: New Toronto franchise announced
- 'CAPS AT FIFA U-20 WORLD CUP: Linder and Herdman named to New Zealand's FIFA U-20 World Cup roster
- BLOODLINES JERSEY: Get swagged up in the newest 'Caps kit
- NEXT WFC2 HOME MATCH: Catch the young 'Caps face Cascadia rivals Tacoma Defiance on May 21 at Swangard Stadium
- 2023 CELEBRATION MATCHES: Secure your spot to one of our eight Celebration Matches this season
Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. Seattle Sounders FC
Saturday, May 20, 2023 – 7:30 p.m. PT
BC Place Stadium – Vancouver, BC
BROADCAST: MLS Season Pass, - RADIO: AM730
Pre-match show: 7:10 p.m. PT (MLS Season Pass), 6:30 p.m. PT (AM730)
BATTLE FOR CASCADIA: Coming off a mid-week road trip to Dallas, Vancouver Whitecaps FC are set to host Next Gen Night at BC Place as they welcome Cascadia rivals Seattle Sounders FC to town on Saturday for the first of three meetings this season. Vancouver’s previous clash against the Sounders came last September at BC Place, with the ‘Caps claiming a 2-1 victory thanks to goals from Pedro Vite and Julian Gressel. Heading into Saturday's match, Seattle haven't won a Cascadia road match since August 15, 2021 and have posted a 1W-3L-0D record in their last four matches across all competitions.
NEXT GEN NIGHT: On Saturday, the 'Caps will be hosting Next Gen Night to celebrate youth, with plenty of activations set to take place throughout the day. Prior to the match, the 'Caps will welcome 16 teams to a pre-match tournament on the pitch at BC Place. A 100 vs. 2 challenge will take place at halftime, featuring 100 youth soccer players, as well as Whitecaps FC 2 players Joshué Ndakala and Christian Greco-Taylor. Ema Lake will also be preforming the national anthems, while 12-year-old Max Andrews, son of Whitecaps FC PA announcer Don Andrews, will be on the mic on Saturday.
HOME ON THE RIDGE: With four of their next six matches at BC Place, the Blue and White will be looking to build on their home form starting on Saturday against the Sounders. This season, Vancouver has posted a 4W-2L-2D record at BC Place across all competitions, outscoring their opponents 16 to eight and keeping four clean sheets.
MLS Season Pass
The 2023 season sees the debut of MLS Season Pass, the unprecedented subscription service from Apple and MLS that will have every match of the regular season, Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs, and Leagues Cup – all in one place and with no blackouts. As an exclusive benefit, Whitecaps FC 2023 Season Members will receive a subscription to MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, as well as significant savings over single match tickets.