VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC are set to culminate the first phase of their 2023 preseason in Marbella, Spain with a preseason friendly against Austrian Bundesliga side Wolfsberger AC at Marbella Football Center.
- 2023 SINGLE MATCH TICKETS: Single Match Tickets for 2023 are now available starting as low as $28 – secure your seats at whitecapsfc.com/tickets
Wednesday's match will be the second of seven preseason friendlies for the 'Caps, as they prepare to kick off the 2023 MLS regular season against fellow Western Conference side Real Salt Lake on Saturday, February 25 in front of their home fans at BC Place.
- 2023 LEAGUES CUP: 'Caps grouped with LIGA MX side Club León & MLS Western Conference rivals LA Galaxy
- 2023 CANCHAMP: Canada Soccer prepares for biggest ever Canadian Championship starting in April
- GRESSEL CALLED UP: Julian Gressel called up to United States' men's national team
- RANKO CALLED UP: Ranko Veselinović called up to Serbia's men's national team
- HOME COOKING: Top 'Caps home matches for 2023
- YOUNG INTERNATIONAL 'CAPS: Mateo Clark called up to Nicaragua U-17, Junior Lopez-Cruz called up to Guatemala U-17
- VANNI MIC'D UP: Hear VWFC head coach Vanni Sartini mic'd up on the ground in Spain
Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. Wolfsberger AC
Saturday, January 21, 2023 – 7 a.m. PT
Marbella Football Center – Marbella, Spain
Preseason: Preview vs. Wolfsberger AC
SPAIN SO FAR: In their first preseason friendly, the 'Caps faced 2. Bundesliga side Hamburger SV, falling by a score of 2-0. Hamburg, who currently sit second in the 2. Bundesliga, were holding their midseason camp and are set to return to league play against Eintracht Braunschweig on January 29 as they continue their quest for promotion to the Bundesliga. Several new faces took to the pitch for the 'Caps, including Uruguayan centre back Mathías Laborda, former CF Montréal centre back Karifa Yao, as well as three Whitecaps FC 2 players who have made the jump to the first team in goalkeeper Max Anchor, wingback Ali Ahmed and forward Simon Becher.
WOLFSBERGER HUNT: Currently sitting ninth in the Austrian Bundesliga, Wolfsberger AC are the second opponent of the 'Caps 2023 preseason. Like Hamburg, the side are also holding their midseason camp in Marbella, having tallied a record of 5W-9L-2D through their first 16 matches of league play this season. Saturday's match will be Wolfsberg's first friendly in Marbella.