Vancouver Whitecaps FC will look to keep pace in the Western Conference playoff race with a huge home match against Houston Dynamo FC on Friday night at BC Place. The 'Caps head into the match only five points back of the playoff line with 11 matches remaining. Houston are two points back of the 'Caps.
- SECURE YOUR SEATS: Deposits for 2023 memberships now open!
- COLIN'S KEYS: Between the backline, Don't be fooled, Gauld-Cubas
- CALLED UP: Ahmed and Becher signed to short term agreements from WFC2
- KID CAPTAIN: Welcome Tessa to the match!
- NEW SIGNING: 'Caps add Austrian midfielder Alessandro Schöpf
- WFC2 ADD CANADIAN: Striker Lowell Wright acquired from York
- ROSTER MOVE: Godoy waived
- TEAM OF THE WEEK: Gauld named for Week 23
- LEAGUE1 BC: 'Caps Girls Elite team takes the title
- CANADA GAMES: Eight 'Caps named to roster
Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. Houston Dynamo FC
Friday, August 5, 2022 – 7:30 p.m. PT
BC Place – Vancouver, BC
BROADCAST: TSN1/5 - RADIO: AM730 - ONLINE: TSN Direct
Pre-match show: 6:30 p.m. PT (AM730)
SEASON-ENDING INJURY LIST
MLS HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
BACK AT BC PLACE: After claiming a point on the road against Nashville SC last weekend, Vancouver Whitecaps FC are set to return to BC Place this Friday, August 5 to face fellow Western Conference side Houston Dynamo FC for their second meeting of the season. The 'Caps have claimed points in four of their last five matches against Western opposition and will be looking to continue that trend as the playoff race heats up. Friday's match will also mark Houston's first visit to Vancouver since 2019, when the Blue and White captured a 2-1 victory.
COLLECTIVE CONTRIBUTIONS: 'Caps head coach Vanni Sartini has echoed the message 'the team is the leader' throughout the entire season. That's exactly what the Blue and White have shown in their offensive contributions, with a total of 12 players scoring a goal and 16 players contributing either a goal or assist in MLS action. Last weekend, defender Javain Brown scored his first professional goal off a set piece from attacking midfielder Ryan Gauld. Brown is the fourth defender to score this year and Gauld picked up his team-leading sixth assist in league play.
LATE MAGIC: Throughout the season, the 'Caps have shown their ability to conjure up late moments of magic to gain results. In fact, the team has scored the fourth-most goals in the last 15 minutes of a match in the league with eight this season, with seven of those goals securing the 'Caps either a win or a draw.