Air Quality Policy
Whitecaps FC is committed to ensuring a safe environment for your children above all else. In the event of an air quality advisory, Whitecaps FC uses the Government of Canada’s Observed Air Quality Index and Air Quality Guidelines as its two primary resources for making informed decisions around any changes, rescheduling or reduction of its camp programs. As conditions change, the club and its staff will always make decisions in the best interest of the players, parents, and staff, and whenever possible, commit to running the camp as scheduled.
Air Quality Rating: 7-10+ (High)
- Sessions may be rescheduled to a future date, or when possible, moved indoors. Additional time may be added to any remaining days of the camp to make up any missed sessions.
- If a camp day has already begun, the camp will continue as scheduled but the program will move to low impact activities with high exertion or strenuous activities reduced to a safe level.
- Players will be given longer rest and water breaks throughout the session, and those with pre-existing health conditions (as indicated under the section “Comments/Medical concerns” on their registration form) will be monitored closely.
- Players may choose not to participate in camp activities or withdraw voluntarily.
Air Quality Rating: 4-6 (Moderate to Low)
- Camps will run normally.
- Players with pre-existing health conditions or those with health concerns will be given additional rest or water breaks as required.
- Activities may be adjusted for younger players & those with pre-existing health conditions.
Before a camp day:
- Check your email. In the event of a change due to air quality, the email address on file will be emailed at least 1-hour prior to the start of a camp day with any changes.
- If a session needs to be rescheduled, participants will be notified by email of the new date and/or time as soon as it has been finalized. Every effort will be made to keep the rescheduled session within the existing camp week.
During a camp day:
- Should the air quality deteriorate after a camp day has begun, camps will run as scheduled with reduced activities. Parents will be notified by email if activities are changed.
- Every effort will be made to first reschedule any sessions that are affected by an air quality advisory.
- Sessions that have been successfully rescheduled, or fulfilled by adding additional time to a camp, will be non-refundable.
- Parents with concerns may withdraw their children at any point, however, any programming missed as a result of voluntarily withdrawal is non-refundable.
- Refunds/Credits will be issued on a per-session basis only under circumstances where Whitecaps FC has formally cancelled sessions and those sessions cannot be reasonably rescheduled.