Updated on June 14th, 2021
Return to Play
We're excited to return to on-field contact training sessions. Having consulted with the Whitecaps FC Medical Team, and working closely with provincial and national authorities, we are following all the updated health protocols and Canada Soccer’s Return to Soccer guidelines. For full details on our procedures, please see below.
All parents/guardians are required to agree to the Return to Play Agreement prior to registering a minor soccer player in Vancouver Whitecaps FC Camps and BMO Academies.
Safety Officer at every location
At every BMO Academy, we have a Safe Sport Safety Officer monitoring the health and safety of all participants, including adherence to all Safe Sport practices and activities, and all public health matters including sanitization and physical distancing policies.
A safe environment for everyone
Here’s an overview of all the updated return to play plan:
- Players will receive a map of field, with specific directions on all protocols, prior to arriving at session.
- Physical distancing not required on the field of play, including bench area.
- Outside the field of play, physical distancing of 2 metres between people is still required.
- Before participating in any camps or BMO winter Academies, players will be subject to symptom screening checks.
- Our staff will be wearing facemasks during arrival and departure.
- We encourage players to wear facemasks before and after the session.
Enhanced hygiene and sanitization
- Players will receive hand sanitizer before each session.
- Wash stations will be located at all primary entrances/exits to the training field. Players must bring their own refreshments and do not share water bottles.
Code of Conduct
We are truly grateful to all families within our community for the support they have shown during these unprecedented times.
We can’t wait to see you back to practices again.